Move over, emojis and GIFs, stickers are the next hot item every social app or keyboard must have. As if we didn’t have enough ways to express ourselves in our messages, there’s even more pressure now on finding the right visual to convey our current state among a sea of potential sticker packs. WhatsApp is the latest messenger to join the game with its own sticker implementation in a beta release.
In WhatsApp beta 2.18.329 (APK Mirror), sticker packs will show up as a third bottom tab when you go to insert emojis or GIFs. They may not be activated right away though, so you might need to wait for a server-side switch or receive at least one sticker in a conversation to trigger them. For me, they were live on WhatsApp Web but not on my phone, despite running the correct beta, so I just sent one sticker in a chat on the web and it triggered the feature to appear on my device.
Once in the sticker tab, you can tap the + button on the right to add more packs. A few are available to download right away and can be organized in the My Stickers section, but there’s also a link to check out more options on the Play Store.
Once you’ve downloaded a few packs, they will all show up in the stickers tab. The top row of the keyboard also contains several shortcuts to see your recently used stickers (you can remove the ones you don’t want); as well as a “heart” icon (left screenshot below) that expands (middle and right screenshot) into a happy face, heart, sad face, and exclamation mark. These sub-sections organize a few of your stickers according to the sentiment behind them, so you can easily choose one that works for you without delving into each pack separately.
I like the idea here. One of the reasons I don’t use stickers in Gboard is because I don’t have time to look for appropriate ones, and I prefer to use emojis or GIFs. I’m not sure if this will convince me to use them more, but at least it won’t hurt.
Another sub-section is for favorites. When you find a sticker that resonates with you, you can tap and hold to add it to your favorites, which are easier to find in the future.
If you receive a sticker in a conversation, you can tap to add it to your favorites or view the pack it’s coming from and download it on your device. And finally, you may notice that if you send stickers in succession, WhatsApp will save a bit of vertical space and show two next to each other. It looks weird to my eyes because I’ve never seen the app display messages like this before, but it would help in conversations where many stickers are shared.
To give stickers a try, you need to be on the latest WhatsApp beta 2.18.329, which you can get directly from APK Mirror, or from the Play Store after joining the official beta program. But as I mentioned, you may need to wait a bit for the feature to get triggered.
Whatsapp APP New Features
- Suspicious Link Check feature will let you know about un-authentic websites to stay away from spammy websites which spread fake news
- Now Group admins can decide and even restrict other members from sending texts to a particular group.
- Demote group admins. With this new feature, you can demote existing group admins rights.
- Forwarded label feature allows users to know if the message has been written by a particular person or it has been forwarded from someone to you.
- New Feature to prevent users from adding back into groups which they already left.
More About Whatsapp APK
- in WhatsApp you can chat with your friends for free, you can send and receive unlimited messages, images, videos and files etc for free.
- it will allow sharing stories just like Instagram and snap chat stories but it is named as status in WhatsApp.
- you can create groups in this app and add to your friends to chat privately
- with this app you can make both voice calls and even video calls for free with help of internet.
- This app will allow you to share your location with your friends for free for a certain period of time.
- You can even send a voice message to your friends instead of typing the long message.
- broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, with the help of this app.
- it supports almost all type of documents so that we can send it to our friends.
- WhatsApp APK comes with a wonderful interface and it also got a provision for posting statuses which can be viewed by our contact list.
- You can even send payments to your friends and family with this app.
- No hidden costs: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
- Multimedia: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
- Group Chat: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
- Personal: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
- No international charges: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
- Say no to pins and usernames: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
- No need to log in/out: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is always on and always connected.
- No need to add buddies: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
- Offline Messages: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
- And much more: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more.
- New shortcut for Group Calls
- A new ‘Reply Privately’ feature in the latest WhatsApp beta lets you open a private thread to reply to someone within a group. To use the feature, select a message and tap on the three dot menu icon.
From emoji and camera features to Status and animated GIFs, we’re always looking to add new features that make communicating with friends and family on WhatsApp easy and fun. Today, we’re excited to introduce a new way for people to express themselves with stickers.
Whether with a smiling teacup or a crying broken heart, stickers help you share your feelings in a way that you can’t always express with words. To start, we’re launching sticker packs created by our designers at WhatsApp and a selection of stickers from other artists.
We’ve also added support for third-party sticker packs to allow designers and developers around the world to create stickers for WhatsApp. To do this, we’ve included a set of APIs and interfaces that allow you to build sticker apps that add stickers to WhatsApp on Android or iOS. You can publish your sticker app like any other app to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and users who download and install your app will be able to start sending those stickers right from within WhatsApp. You can learn more about creating your own sticker apps for WhatsApp here.
To use stickers in a chat, simply tap the new sticker button and select the sticker you want to share. You can add new sticker packs by tapping the plus icon.
Stickers will be available for Android and iPhone over the coming weeks. We hope you enjoy them!